Buy Indian Gowns Online in India
With the world getting smaller and more integrated over the years, can fashion be far behind? Indian gowns are the best parts of Indian and western formal fashion combined together. As Indians, we love loud, dramatic articles of clothing. The gown delivers on them, and how!
The gown design is reminiscent of childhood stories of princesses and queens. Remember twirling with the pleats of your gown in one hand and a pretend-tiara in the other? That’s the stuff of childhood memories. So why should our adult lives be any different? Wearing a girlish gown can bring out the fearless young girl you once were, with a head full of dreams and a heart filled with hope. It’s time to recapture the magic of your childhood.
What is an Indian gown?
The gown for women is both graceful and alluring at the same time. Fitted on the top with a flared, full skirt, the gown dress cuts a stunning silhouette. Designed to flatter all body types, gowns for women combine the best parts of western and Indian wear into one stunning ensemble. From the material used for the long gown to the embroidery work on it, gowns are precisely what stylish divas of today want at their wedding, wedding reception, a red carpet event, a big celebratory party, and more. These ball gowns are incredibly versatile and can be dressed down or up depending on the occasion.
New gown design includes fabrics such as georgette silk, chiffon, net, satin, and even velvet. The ball gown for women is available in various styles, with a plethora of embroidery and embellishments options. At Laalzari, we have gowns for different occasions. We have an extensive evening gown collection suited for an award night or a friend’s anniversary party. We even have gown designs simple for those intimate date nights where you want to look ravishing yet demure. Looking for something to wear at your engagement? We have a wide range of engagement gowns to help you mark the celebration. Our most extensive collection of gowns in our bridal gown collection features gowns for every bridal occasion, from haldi, mehndi, sangeet to the actual wedding. We even have a long gown for women that friends or sisters of the bride can wear.
Types of gowns for women
There are many options available, from traditional gowns to indo-western fusion ensembles. Gowns with A-line cuts, new designer gowns with spaghetti straps, or a backless number that is timeless, here are a few types of gowns available in the market:
- Dramatic gowns: These big, fluffy gowns were popularized by Hollywood and Bollywood stars who wore them on the red carpet. From the Met Gala to numerous movie awards nights, stars seemed to outshine each other with the spectacular gowns they wore. And women’s fashion connoisseurs took note. So it wasn’t long before these thespian gowns found their way to stores, like Laalzari, where young fashionistas could get their hands on them. These gowns are statement-makers. Every aspect of these fancy gowns is designed to grab and retain one’s attention, putting the wearer in the spotlight. From dramatic sleeves to oversized cancan skirts, these gowns rank high in the ‘strike a pose’ department.
- The indo-western fusion: If you ever want to ditch the popular lehenga for something different, and indo-western fusion gown is what you need. The gown for ladies is perfect for those who wish to embrace traditions but in their own unique way. It marries the best aspects of Indian ethnic wear—from traditional handiwork and embroidery to classic colors like reds, pinks, greens, blues, and maroons—and fits them within a western ensemble. While traditional western gowns might have a lot of sequins and mirror work, indo-western gowns also include embroidery, cut dana, and zari work in addition.
- Empire-waist gowns: Much like the Anarkali, these gowns flatter the Indian woman’s body structure. Suitable for all body types, these gowns add length to the silhouette and make allowances for bodies that aren’t of the proper proportions. Without dupattas and salwars to hamper movement, the empire-waist gown is easy to wear and is ideal for young children who don’t want to be restricted by their clothes.
- Jacket gowns: This gown for ladies can effortlessly transition from day to night. With capes and jackets being on trend this season, these gown add-ons help in cold weather and add something extra to the overall gown.
- Asymmetrical gowns: More modern in cut and silhouette, these gowns are stunning without the drama. Clean lines with exquisite necklines and side or front slits, the latest gown designs are versatile enough to wear to a party or a wedding.
How to buy gowns online
When looking for the perfect gown, there are several factors that you need to consider. These are:
The occasion: Are you wearing the gown for a wedding or a party? This will help you determine the color, material, and amount of work you need on your gown. For example, a dazzling red gown in georgette silk with sequins work, or perhaps a deep maroon velvet gown with embroidery will work well for weddings or fancy parties. In contrast, a simpler chiffon gown will work well for an evening out with friends.
The style: It is essential to determine what type of gown suits your body structure. You need to find gown styles that flatter your body type, from neck styles, such as a halter neck or cowl necklines, to sleeve styles, such as cap or bell sleeves. Trying various types of gowns will help you find out what works well and shows off your striking attributes.
If you are looking to buy gowns online, Laalzari has a wide range of gown styles for different occasions and budgets. Browse our collection to find your dream gown, no matter what the occasion.